Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: No
Stock Touring 10.5 Brushless: No
Super Touring Modified: No
MotorBikes: No
Vehicle Make(S): Kyosho Fazer Pure Ten GP

Possible new starter.

Postby Gazmond » 07 Jan 2009, 01:14

Hello,

My name is Gareth and I stumbled upon your website while taking a look at the BRCA website. I recently received as a present a Kyosho Fazer Pure Ten GP with an Imprezza Body shell on it, and I have now fallen in love with RC cars :) After having a few blasts round Blackbushe I would like to try some circuit racing and you guys sound like a great bunch of people and am hoping to get down to your next meeting. However before I come down I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind answering?

- The car is totally stock so would it class as a Touring or an Outlaw?
- As it’s an IC it cannot be started before 9:45 so that only leaves 15 minutes of practice which is cool however having never raced one before I'm guessing it could get a little 'messy' :) Assuming racing doesn’t go on all day is it cool to use the track after? I would really like to learn to get to grips with the car before racing it.
- Can application forms be brought down on the day with cash/cheque?
- Other than the car and some spare crystals is there anything that it would be sensible to bring down?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheers

Gareth

Gareth

NiMo
Crystals: 2.4
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: Yes
Vehicle Make(S): Schumacher, CRC

Re: Possible new starter.

Postby NiMo » 07 Jan 2009, 16:58

Gazmond wrote:Hello,

My name is Gareth and I stumbled upon your website while taking a look at the BRCA website. I recently received as a present a Kyosho Fazer Pure Ten GP with an Imprezza Body shell on it, and I have now fallen in love with RC cars :) After having a few blasts round Blackbushe I would like to try some circuit racing and you guys sound like a great bunch of people and am hoping to get down to your next meeting. However before I come down I have a few questions I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind answering?

- The car is totally stock so would it class as a Touring or an Outlaw?
The Kyosho Faser comes with a .15 pull-start motor, so would be classed as an outlaw car, but you may still be running with the Touring class cars, but running for separate points.
- As it’s an IC it cannot be started before 9:45 so that only leaves 15 minutes of practice which is cool however having never raced one before I'm guessing it could get a little 'messy' :) Assuming racing doesn’t go on all day is it cool to use the track after? I would really like to learn to get to grips with the car before racing it.
If you join the club before hand, then you can use the track for free practice (you must be a member for this)
- Can application forms be brought down on the day with cash/cheque?
Yes, the membership secretary is on site on race days, or you can hand it in at race control when you book in.
- Other than the car and some spare crystals is there anything that it would be sensible to bring down?
A little extra cash if you want to buy a set of proper racing tyres

Gazmond
Crystals: 27mhz - 27.045, 27.145, 26.995
Vehicle Make(S): Kyosho Fazer Pure Ten GP

Re: Possible new starter.

Postby Gazmond » 07 Jan 2009, 21:52

Awesome thanks for the reply! :) I think I will send in my application form as soon as possible then.

Cheers

Gareth