Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: No
Stock Touring 10.5 Brushless: No
Super Touring Modified: No
MotorBikes: No
Vehicle Make(S): Tamiya Hornet

IC Finals 10mins cont......

Postby jamcar » 22 Dec 2008, 23:01

Hi All,

Continuing on from Kevin's post on the Electric Racing Forum, I'd like to add a few points.
I was also at the AGM. I recal observing practically all IC drivers voting against the propsal for a 5 minute final. I raised my hand and spoke against this proposal but to no avail.

I have since compiled a list of signatures and all drivers and pitmen asked have signed against 5 minute finals for IC. We need 10 minute finals back because if we ever want another Darren Johnson then we need to be racing like the guys race at Nationals i.e longer finals which increases driver concentration, gives your pitman practice and enhances techical understanding of how to tune a car to run longer i.e. tyre wear and engine temperature.

The proposal was forced on us and it was made by a National driver who does not compete in all the club meetings. This is the second time this year when the minority rather than the majority have effected things in IC. The fact that this latest AGM proposal was put to the floor in the first place was nonsensical. Was it not at last years AGM when the same thing was done to the TT01 class. A technical proposal regarding the class was put to the whole floor. However in this case only the TT01 drivers were allowed to vote. Why was the same luxury not offered to us IC drivers? The proposals need more careful consideration before they reach the floor. For example, as an analogy, I could put a proposal in that membership fees should be £1 a year and not surprisingly a lot of people would probably vote for that!

Long finals is what IC racing is all about. Aldershot is a great club with great people from Bristish Champions down to 8 year old kids just starting. All I'm asking is that we respect each others classes and use common sense.

Thanks for reading.

Dave
Last edited by jamcar on 22 Dec 2008, 23:26, edited 1 time in total.

getpip
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: No
Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: Yes
Stock Touring 10.5 Brushless: Yes
Vehicle Make(S): T2'009
G4RS09

Re: IC Finals 10mins cont......

Postby getpip » 22 Dec 2008, 23:25

Agreed Dave.

My name is already on your petition and I would reiterate my comments already posted in the electric thread.

10 mins for me!!!!
Phil Pullen
My blog: http://pipskiracing.blogspot.com/
Thanks to: RC Sure-start

Dellboy

Postby Dellboy » 22 Dec 2008, 23:41

Kevin, Colin's and Dave's comments make a lot of sense. I suggest we now let the IC drivers decide on the length of the final and then put the proposal to the committee for consideration .

Regarding the AGM that Les keeps on about, from what I have heard from a number of people present, the committee members were continuously harrassed from the floor at every opportunity. This is completely wrong as these these guys need to be shown the same respect that we demand from them. Additionally, the principle of making hard and fast rules at the AGM for a complete year is totally impractical and could never work in a commercial/industrial environment. Some decisions can be reached and written in tablets of stone, like club fees, club discipline, etc but on the racing side things changes, hence the committee (having taken advice from the relevant drivers) must have the authority to change the race format, class structure, etc. in order to meet the requirements of specific race groups/classes. Anyone can bury their head in the sand and stick rigidly by the decisions reached at the AGM but it will never work and will be to the detriment of the drivers and the club as a whole.

jamesr
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: No
Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: Yes
Vehicle Make(S): XRay 008
XRay NT1

Postby jamesr » 23 Dec 2008, 10:40

I quite agree with what Derek says, I also heard the committee members were unfairly bashed at every opportunity in generally un-constructive ways. You are never going to please everyone, but some are never going to be pleased and seem to take great joy from stirring things up. 10 minute finals for IC, a big thumbs up to the committee for doing a job I would hate and would ruin any enjoyment I get from this great hobby, electric boys keep on campaigning those lovely little cars with the quiet motors and bikes my god marshalling you guys is a busy experience, but on the plus side it keeps us fit. Merry christmas to one and all.

James Rumble

CT
Crystals: 2.4Ghz
Vehicle Make(S): Team Magic G4s

Postby CT » 23 Dec 2008, 10:49

The AGM is for deciding things like committee members, race fees and club membership and shouldn't be hijacked. Lets face it the committee do a great job and put a lot of time and effort into making the club work.

I would have come to the AGM and voted against 5 mins finals but work stopped me attending (I'm not making excuses but stating a fact). Had I realised so drastic a change was on the cards perhaps I would have made greater effort to be there as I know the IC group are largely outnumbered.

The refulling spectacle of the 10mins final is something to behold and provides another element to produce exciting racing for driver, pitmen and spectator alike (there are usually more people crowded around watching 10 mins finals than any other race). This is also a newbies only chance to gain experiance of refueling as in the 30 min national finals so AMCC can provide new talent for the national series. One of the club rule premise was to run as close to national rules as is practical again to provide national type racing. Otherwise what is the point of paying the extra £13:00 to be a member of the BRCA.

So should the club change this so lightly; we have been loosing IC drivers at a fair rate since I joined some 2 years ago...perhaps this is what certain members want but I think that would be a loss to the club as a whole.

I have already voted for 10min finals but respect the Race Directors decision to make changes on race days to get the job done, eg shorter winter days, large turnout, operational problems etc etc.

Colin T
Colin Taggart.

NiMo
Crystals: 2.4
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: Yes
Vehicle Make(S): Schumacher, CRC

Postby NiMo » 23 Dec 2008, 14:55

Derek:
I am glad to see someone else has noticed that a class cannot be made concrete due changes outside the BRCA rules, but I do now think we have finally got on top of it all, although the wet weather problem is still with us.

CT:
The £13 for BRCA is nothing to do with the club, it is compulsary insurance cover, just like the insurance on your road going car, no insurance = no racing

IC Finals:
to get 2 IC finals in, one would need to be near the start, the other near the end, there must be at least two races in between.
I cant place it after EP Sport due to the younger generation in that class, similar problem with stock if only one stock final.

Outlaw has in effect been killed again as we currently do not have any newer racers with RTR cars, and with the IC members at the AGM saying only Pull-Start motor over .12 are allowed, and road based body shells only, we have now lost Iain and Baz, Mark Sellars also had to relocate due to work issues, and my 4-stroke project is also now banned.

All Classes:
We do not, and never have, at any time run to BRCA rules in any class. Only close to BRCA rules in certain classes.

I can give the history on the start of many classes at Aldershot, including the older Tamiya FWD class, and how it changed to Stock because of one driver and his dad. Also how Scale IC started at Aldershot.
What is it Les keeps saying to me? "you have forgotten more about the racing than they will ever know"

kevin bissell
Vehicle Make(S): XRay T4 2014
ESC Makes and Models: Hobbywing V1
Motor Makes: Team Wave 17.5
Battery Make: Demon LiPo

Postby kevin bissell » 24 Dec 2008, 14:00

Nigel

Assuming 10 minute IC finals and 7 minute electric/bike, would the following order of finals work?

IC 'B'
EP Sport
EP GT
Bikes
Stock
IC 'A'
Pro-Stock

I have intentionally kept GT, Stock and Pro-Stock apart because some of the GT guys also race one of the other electric classes.

Cheers
Kev.
Kevin Bissell

NiMo
Vehicle Make(S): Schumacher, CRC

Postby NiMo » 24 Dec 2008, 15:27

sometimes a few bikers also run GT (Andy Carless, Gerald Page)
but no one has yet run in GT and Sport, that is why GT often goes first.
So IC B looks like after GT.