Super Touring Modified: No
MotorBikes: No
Vehicle Make(S): xray t4 14
ESC Makes and Models: orion r10 pro
Motor Makes: lrp x 20
Battery Make: lrp and hpi

Re: 13.5 t this sunday

Postby chasingthepack » 23 Sep 2014, 18:21

alex the club has been active in trying to boost numbers,what do you suggest we do to attract more racers?
Richard Brown

Remo

Postby Remo » 23 Sep 2014, 21:25

We go thru this every year so we should know by now that there is no silver bullet to solve the low numbers issue, so one can only try to make the facilities more attractive here and there in order to provide a better experience to people who comes to Aldershot to race? Or we can do nothing to change nothing?

Anyway, I think providing a good track is a good start as no one wants to race in a dust bowl, but making changes just to suit ourselves are merely preaching to the converted. Any hobby needs fresh blood and quite often a stable beginner friendly class would normally attract new people giving it a go... even though (or especially) our current 17.5T BRCA class can be too daunting for new comers too, since we are so blaady competitive!

Last week a couple of guys came to see our track as their local drift club called their meeting off at the last minute, so I said I am sure we can cater for that provided they bring 6 guys to cover marshalling and I am sure we can cater for them... all these guys needed was a track for them to race, and we have one of the best tracks in the entire country.

R
you say tomayto i say tomahto...

A_Zino
Crystals: 40.725
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: No
Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: No
Stock Touring 10.5 Brushless: Yes
Super Touring Modified: Yes
Vehicle Make(S): I have had them all and raced in all classes, currently hustling a Schumacher MI4CX around.
ESC Makes and Models: GM Genius 75
Motor Makes: GM 10.5 Star Wind
Battery Make: Demon Power 5000mah 35c

Postby A_Zino » 23 Sep 2014, 22:34

But why buy it in the 1st place when the club has very little money? It's fixing a problem that hasn't existed previously and the club has been going longer than I've been involved in R/C which is more than 15 years.

Yes I am a legacy of the "good old days" when the track was busy all day Saturday so the track was clean. As somebody has already mentioned in the thread, if it rains on a Saturday evening the track is good the next day, the track only needs CLEANING!!! not coating, at the ess the track was still pony on the Sunday morning where dust had settled overnight.

Now I wasn't suggesting that the club wasn't concerned by a lack of numbers or that there is a silver bullet, however do any of you seriously believe that the dusty track is the reason behind the lack of racers?

I do have a couple of conversation starters on numbers but that is for another thread at another time
Alex Gardiner

Remo

Postby Remo » 24 Sep 2014, 00:19

The club has always invested money over the years to maintain and improve the very fine racing facilities that we are all very lucky to have, and contrary to what Richard Brown believes, the cost of this latest addition is small by comparison, else I doubt the club would have gone ahead with it!

Also, the last few times I have visited the club, there were already club members there sweeping the track in the morning too, so I can't really say the track has not been swept regularly to be honest, and big thank you to those who where pushing those yellow sweeping machines!

Anyway it's late and I am done here and ideas of improving the club attendance should be discussed as a whole and in another thread.

Night night.

R

chasingthepack
Crystals: 2.4
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: Yes
Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: Yes
Stock Touring 10.5 Brushless: No

Postby chasingthepack » 24 Sep 2014, 02:14

ill apologise if im on my own here but £170 on a sprayer for coking the track when nothing has been tested or members asked there opinions and a possible mobility scooter,really,this could have been discussed at a meeting in a drivers briefing or a poll on here,im all for it as ive said but i feel that doing the testing before spending imo a lot of money on a sprayer would have been better,what happens if the majority of members decide they dont like the way the track feels and it never gets done again,then its a waste of the clubs money,the club made a loss last year so surely the club should be looking at ways to save money,we have had 2 members say they are against it and these are returning drivers,last thing the club wants to do is put them off,tbh i had visions of what was used at the ess,richard king made up a sprayer that strapped to your back with a hand pump on the side that was aprox 2 meters wide
Richard Brown

Remo

Postby Remo » 24 Sep 2014, 08:56

Oh dear... the mobility vehicle was just a joke lol!

chasingthepack
Crystals: 2.4
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: Yes
Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: Yes
Stock Touring 10.5 Brushless: No

Postby chasingthepack » 27 Sep 2014, 00:05

Remo wrote:Oh dear... the mobility vehicle was just a joke lol!
tbh at your age i thought it was for you ,lol
Richard Brown