Meeting 9.2.2014

General Discussions About The Club

Meeting 9.2.2014

Postby noreHneB » 09 Feb 2014, 15:57

Well we had a dark and cold start with the clouds hovering above meaning the track was damp, after a few hours of winds the track starts to dry, around lunch time the sun comes out in time for us to use slicks for the last quallifying round and finals.

Sad to say we had a small turn out today with:
9 x 17.5 Blinky
1 x 13.5

10 drivers total

Hope to see more at the next meeting in 2 weeks time...
Ben Heron
AMCC Race Director 2012-2016
benherontc3@hotmail.com
noreHneB

Crystals: 2.4Ghz
Blinky 17.5 Brushless: Yes
Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: Yes
Stock Touring 10.5 Brushless: No
Super Touring Modified: No
MotorBikes: No
Vehicle Make(S): Mission 4CX
ESC Makes and Models: Hobbywing Xerun
Evo Commet
Motor Makes: Hobbywing Xerun
LRP X20
Battery Make: Demon
IP Shorty

Re: Meeting 9.2.2014

Postby tryhard » 09 Feb 2014, 16:13

good day anyone who wimped out from the rain that never showed missed some great grip even in the damp
tyre wars !!!!!
if your not first chuck another new set of boots on
tryhard

Crystals: 2.4ghz spectrum
Vehicle Make(S): tc6.1 ft
ESC Makes and Models: speedpassion reventon pro

Hobbywing v3
Motor Makes: Speedpassion mmm 17.5t
gm 2012 13.5t
Battery Make: 4600 80c shorty ip lipo
4400 70c shorty ip lipo

Postby scott stokes » 09 Feb 2014, 18:46

thats me then
scott stokes
scott stokes

Stock Touring 13.5 Brushless: No
Vehicle Make(S): xray T4
ESC Makes and Models: speed passion
Motor Makes: team wavey
Battery Make: the ones that still work

Postby chasingthepack » 09 Feb 2014, 19:11

yep remo and i found the grip was high,i took ftd for the 1st time :D :D
can we update the personal bests ? or change the heat order ? getting stuck in the lower heat isnt helping my lap times
and regarding the championship would it not be better to have more rounds count?instead of just half why not 2/3rds,would mean you'd have to do more rounds to make it count,so maybe up the attendance
Richard Brown
chasingthepack

Crystals: 2.4
Vehicle Make(S): xray t4 14
ESC Makes and Models: orion r10 pro
Motor Makes: lrp x 20
Battery Make: lrp and hpi

Postby tryhard » 09 Feb 2014, 21:19

Hi scot na I know James nobbed u

We went for 1/2 the rounds to count as before few ppl like me went to every metting where most ppl just missing out on getting the 3/4 that use to count so they use to lose even if they were better as every one has different life's away from the track . Also having less rounds to count ment you can go do nationals and visit other tracks without effecting ur championship

As for the quali line ups I do find it a bit unfair it was set that way but if everyone doesn't mind changing it I be up to hear ideas but u need to put it to committee first
tyre wars !!!!!
tryhard

Hobbywing v3
gm 2012 13.5t
4400 70c shorty ip lipo

Postby chasingthepack » 09 Feb 2014, 21:46

tryhard wrote:Hi scot na I know James nobbed u

We went for 1/2 the rounds to count as before few ppl like me went to every metting where most ppl just missing out on getting the 3/4 that use to count so they use to lose even if they were better as every one has different life's away from the track . Also having less rounds to count ment you can go do nationals and visit other tracks without effecting ur championship fair point

As for the quali line ups I do find it a bit unfair it was set that way but if everyone doesn't mind changing it I be up to hear ideas but u need to put it to committee first

i mentioned (after the agm)that if it was possible that the winter champs be decided on the ability rating instead of pb's as these are set in the summer so makes no sense to use times that cant be beaten in the winter,if an ability rating matches another then the one with the higher position in the championship gets the upper place,would/could that work?
Richard Brown
chasingthepack

Postby Remo » 10 Feb 2014, 02:29

Good day out and got me speed back once I put me glasses on :shock:
Ben, some of use already on slicks from R3 :D
you say tomayto i say tomahto...
Remo

Postby noreHneB » 10 Feb 2014, 19:19

chasingthepack wrote:i mentioned (after the agm)that if it was possible that the winter champs be decided on the ability rating instead of pb's as these are set in the summer so makes no sense to use times that cant be beaten in the winter,if an ability rating matches another then the one with the higher position in the championship gets the upper place,would/could that work?

Attached is the Current Winter Championship standings
r.pdf

By going on ability ratings for 17.5 Blinky the heat listing would go in such order of:

Dominic Skinner
Remo Casadei
Ben Heron
Mark Passingham
James Davis
Mike Vorley
Richard Ludlam
Richard Brown
Gerald Page
Les Baldry
David Clift
Kevin Bissell
Scott Stokes
Mark Sellars
Chris Graco
Dave Johnson
Lewis Brown
Ross Dilanda
Ian Cairns
Jason Elliot
Chris Day
Malcom Norwood
Jim Warren

Only other way around it would be for me to relocate the PB file so the system creates a new PB record system and I keep ontop of it each championship by having a Summer championship PB listing and a Summer championship listing but it would not be accurate as during the winter the track conditions are different almost every meeting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ben Heron
AMCC Race Director 2012-2016
benherontc3@hotmail.com
noreHneB

Crystals: 2.4Ghz
Vehicle Make(S): Mission 4CX
ESC Makes and Models: Hobbywing Xerun
Evo Commet
Motor Makes: Hobbywing Xerun
LRP X20
Battery Make: Demon
IP Shorty

Postby tryhard » 10 Feb 2014, 20:24

Could u have pb list for just the championship that only applies for quali and the put the results into the main pb list at later dates ?
tyre wars !!!!!
tryhard

Hobbywing v3
gm 2012 13.5t
4400 70c shorty ip lipo

Postby kevin bissell » 11 Feb 2014, 00:16

Ability rating seems fairest to me.
Kevin Bissell
kevin bissell

Vehicle Make(S): XRay T4 2014
ESC Makes and Models: Hobbywing V1
Motor Makes: Team Wave 17.5
Battery Make: Demon LiPo

Postby Remo » 11 Feb 2014, 00:42

Personally, I'm not a fan for using FTD or %ability, therefore I am thinking maybe we can try something different and make things a bit more interesting:

Instead of using FTD or Ability%, we use Winter Championship's position table to decide the following meeting's heat listing, i.e. you have to EARN your heat listing positions. The higher you are placed in the Championship, the higher you will be in the next race meeting's heat listing. For the first meeting of the winter championship we simply the previous year's Winter Champ Final positions.

This should mix the heat listing up a little and it may also encourage people to turn up and race more often so not to lose their heat positions (i.e. If you don't come to race you will drop down the heat listing).

Could be interesting seeing people fighting for both heat listing positions and race positions IMO. Food for thought perhaps?
Remo

Postby kevin bissell » 11 Feb 2014, 01:04

So Dom Skinner gets to start at the back of the slowest heat. Not exactly much of an incentive for top racers to compete at AMCC and not much fun for other racers in the slower heats having to move over every other lap to let superstars through.
Using the ability rating is more likely to result in people racing in the same heat as others of roughly the same ability which has to be best for all concerned.
Kevin Bissell
kevin bissell

Postby chasingthepack » 11 Feb 2014, 10:20

i like remos way of thinking,as its looking at it from outside the box,i dont see anything wrong with mixing it up abit,with no offence to any superstars its the regular members that should be put 1st,we attend more meetings and support the club more,but in all fairness to drivers,ability, and a formula sytem should maybe be brought back,giving the midpack drivers a championship to win,F1 and F2 like it used to be,the top three drivers each year in F2 then have to move to F1 so new winners of f2 every season,it must be hard to keep motivated with no chance of winning a championship,yeah race wins are nice but its the championship that counts(well,for me anyway)some dont like change but we have to go with the times and come up with something new/different,we all like a challenge dont we? if it means a superstar has to work through the pack,im sure they have the skills to do so and its more of a challenge to them as well,how boring must it be for dom to turn up and just beat everyone without a challenge,if the better drivers had to work for it,we might see them more often,we need the superstars to push us all along,it makes us all have to up our game.being in the lower heats myself due to missing the first 10 rounds of blinky has affected my speed because im not running directly against the faster cars i struggled to get a good fdr,i only find out when they come past in the finals ,so then i try again next week until i eventually get it on pace ,if the superstars had to start in the lower heats it would help the speed of the lower heats,the fast guys already know what there doing and have each other to push along

how about just for one meeting we do a reverse grid for the 2nd final? just to mix it up? make it more interesting
Richard Brown
chasingthepack

Postby kevin bissell » 11 Feb 2014, 18:11

Richard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not averse to change, in fact I'd welcome moving to "ability rating" which is a change to the current system of using PB times. During the ten or so years I've been at the club all three methods have been used and in my opinion "championship position" is the worst of the lot. If we went to this method I would be higher ranked than using ability rating but I still disagree with it.
At the end of the day I enjoy my racing much more when I'm qualifying with people of a similar ability to me. If I'm with top racers I get frustrated having to keep moving over to let them pass and if I'm with absolute beginners I am not good enough to pass them without the odd accident.
If we use championship position it means that the top guys who only race infrequently (in the summer that might be because of nationals) will always be at the lower end of the rankings because they simply won't amass enough points to move up, the same would apply to someone changing class mid championship, they'd stay at the bottom for the remainder of that championship.
It's also a little unfair to penalise top drivers because they don't attend every race meeting. After all they've paid for their day's racing like the rest of us, why shouldn't they be allowed to race against others of a similar ability? We have enough problems attracting guest racers already, forcing them to the back isn't likely to encourage them to race at AMCC.
As for switching grid for second final... Why spend three hours trying your hardest to qualify at the front if, as a reward you end up at the back for the second final?
Just my opinion, Kev
Kevin Bissell
kevin bissell

Postby Remo » 11 Feb 2014, 19:20

First of all let's get things into perspective: I am talking about the Winter Championship as I have been hearing crying from people unhappy about using all time FTD to decide heat positions in winter as being unfair.

With regards to upsetting the super stars, REALLY??? Where are they??? Just go and look at all the entries so far this Winter series and see count how many super stars actually bothered to come and race? In stead of worrying about upsetting the invisible supremos, we should actually look after those who attend regularly over winter in support of the club and let them have a chance to get into the top heat on merit and dedication.

PERSONALLY: I am not fussed what method we use as IMO the % ability method won't change things that much as it takes the same ability to set FTD rain or shine, with the exception of a couple of blips on the radar, for most it is just business as usual.

I have been racing at Aldershot for 10+ years and I have never noticed the club having ever used the Champ Positions method, if this has been done before then it just shows how un-fussed I am with all this, so please carry on how ever you like, there are only so many ways you can skin this anyway.
Remo

Next

Return to Club Chit Chat